Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 130 calories
- 120 grams of fat
- 15 grams of sugar
- 12 milligrams of sodium
- 500 grams cauliflower, grated
- 1 cup soya granule
- 6 baby potatoes, peeled and cut into half
- 1/2 cup peas, steamed
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- an inch piece of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt, as per taste
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 bay leaf
Ingredients to garnish a small bunch of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped juice from 1 lemom
- 230 calories
- 14 grams of fat
- 14 grams of sugar
Directions for Gobi and Soya Keema Recipe
- To prepare for Gobi and Soya Keema Recipe, first clean, wash and pat dry cauliflower. Remove the green stem with knife and cut cauliflower into three parts. Small size pieces make grating much easier.
- For grating cauliflower either you can use hand held vegetabe grater or food processor to get fine evenly grated cauliflower.
- Meanwhile in a pan boil 1 Cup of water, once water comes to boil add soya granule. Let it boil in water for 1 – 2 minutes. Switch off the flame and drain on a colander. keep aside until required.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan heat ghee over medium heat now add bay leay and once the aroma of bay leaf starts releasing add chopped onion. Saute over medium heat until onion turn light brown in color.
- Once onion turn brown in color add chopped green chili and ginger garlic paste with 1/4 Cup water to avoid masala sticking to the pan. Saute over medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes.
- After 2 – 3 minutes add baby potatoes, peas, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and give it a nice stir. Saute for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Now add grated cauliflower, boiled soya granule and garam masala. Give it a nice mix, reduce the flame to low, cover the pan with a lid and let it cook over low heat for 10 – 15 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through especially potatoes.
- Just before serving drizzle lemon juice on top and granish with chopped corriander.
- Serve the Gobi and Soya Keema hot with Chpapati/Paratha/Naan.
Ingredients to garnish
- a small bunch of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- juice from 1 lemom