Weight management, Sugar substitute, Source of energy, Aids Digestion, Cough and cold and Beautiful Skin.
Honey has been consumed for thousands of years for its supposed health benefits. Over four thousand years ago, honey was used as a traditional ayurvedic medicine, where it was thought to be effective at treating material imbalances in the body.
Honey, a mixture of sugars and other compounds, is mainly fructose (about 38-55%) and glucose (about 31%), with remaining carbohydrates including maltose, sucrose, and other complex carbohydrates. Its glycemic index ranges from 31 to 78, depending on the variety. Honey contains only trace amounts of vitamins or minerals.
In myths and folk medicine, honey has been used by humans both orally and topically to treat various ailments including gastric disturbances, ulcers, wounds, and burns. For example, honey was used medicinally by ancient Greeks, Egyptians and in Ayurveda and traditional Chinese medicine. The Quran mentions honey as a medicine. Medieval Islamic and Christian scholars described the use of honey in medicine of that period.
Due mainly to low numbers and quality of human clinical trials, little to no efficacy has been identified about the potential health benefits of honey:
- Weight management: A Spoon of honey taken with warm water in the morning is traditionally known to be useful in weight management.
- Sugar substitute:Honey is a healthier substitute to sugar when looking to reduce weight as it has lesser calories than sugar and contains vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which are good for health.
- Source of energy:Honey is known to be a good source of energy as its natural sugar and carbohydrates are easily digested by the body.
- Aids Digestion:Honey when used in your diet is known to aid in digestion.
- Cough and cold:Honey is known to help in cough and throat irritation.
- Beautiful Skin:Honey is known to be useful for the skin because of its moisturizing and nourishing properties.
Get the goodness of Honey with a daily dose of Dabur honey; attune your mind, body, and soul to healthier lifestyle options.
Dabur Honey Available in :